Tuesday 9 August 2011

Thing 10 - Graduate traineeships, Masters Degrees, Chartership, Accreditation

What I do?
I have worked in a medical library for 2 years in the UK as an Assistant librarian, and am in the process of applying for chartership, having assembled a portfolio for that purpose.

Is it interesting or not? That's an important question. I have heard it said that of any job you will find 10-20% most interesting. Which leads me back to thing 5 on reflection.

In particular I liked Burton's

What?
So what?
Now what

Another tool to clarify what it is one enjoys and what motivates one in one's job is to picture exactly what that is and how you would communicate it to another person.

How I got there?
Having done a variety of jobs I decided to to a Msc in ILS which I did in the Robert Gordon University. From there I did a placement in the National Library of Scotland, and thence to a medical library, based in a hospital, in the NHS.

No comments:

Post a Comment